This CVR training Programme is designed for candidates interested in progressing further in their career and obtain a qualification to serve as Master of commercial vessels less than 24 metres in length, operating within ports, internal and territorial waters of Malta.
This certificate does not include an engineering qualification. To act as both Master & Engineer on a vessel of 12 metres to less than 24 metres, applicants will need to hold an appropriate Engine Driver Certificate.
Holders of this COC having a minimum of 24 months sea time as Master on vessels of 12 metres in length and above, may apply for an endorsement to serve as Mate on a commercial vessel of less than 50 metres in length. Other additional requirements as applicable.
- Coastal Navigation
- Ship Knowledge
- Radar & Navigational Aids
- Work Team Communication
- Marine Radio Telephone Operation
- Nautical Knowledge
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Applicant must have at least 24 months appropriate service – Notice of Eligibility.
- Be in possession of a General Purpose Hand Certificate.
Ancillary courses required
- A current approved First Aid Certificate
- An approved Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Certificate
- A marine radio operator certificate relevant to the radio equipment installed on board the vessel
Participant’s Minimum Age – 19
Class Limitations – Minimum 5 participants / Max 12 participants per class
For more information contact us now through the chat feature at the bottom right of your screen. Alternatively, send us an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 99434054 or 99434055.
MaritimeMT will issue a Certificate of Completion on the merit of full attendance.
Participants may be eligible for the Malta Enterprise 70% rebate Get Qualified Scheme – https://goo.gl/M65Q8N