The Commercial Vessel Regulations – Mate/Master (restricted) training programme is designed for candidates interested in progressing further in their career and obtaining a qualification to serve as Mate on a commercial vessels of 24 metres in length and over; Master on a commercial vessel of less than 50 metres in length operating within Maltese ports and the internal and territorial waters of Malta.
- Plan and Conduct Safe Navigation
- Maintain a Safe Navigational Watch
- Ship Handling and Manoeuvring
- Emergency Response
- Compliance with Pollution Prevention Requirements
- Seaworthiness, safety and security
- Legislative Requirements
Participants may be eligible for the Malta Enterprise 70% rebate through the Get Qualified Scheme.
1. Applicant must have at least 24 months appropriate service – Notice of Eligibility
2. Be in possession of a BoatMaster Grade 1 Certificate.
The Class Size is limited to 12 persons. Minimum number of participants: 5
The course will be delivered by experienced lecturers at MaritimeMT.
All examination papers and final certification will be issued by Transport Malta on the basis of Commercial Vessels Regulations S.L.499.23
* Important Note
Upon completion of course, participants will need to apply with Transport Malta to sit for 2 Written Exams and 1 Oral Exam. Examination Fee – €150.
Ancillary courses required
1. Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (STCW A-VI/2).
2. Training in Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/3).
3. Proficiency in Medical First Aid (STCW A-VI/4-1).
4. GMDSS Restricted Operators Certificate (ROC).
For more information about contact us now through the chat feature at the bottom right of your screen. Alternatively send us an e-mail on email@example.com or call on 99434054 or 99434055.