This CVR training Programme is designed for candidates interested in progressing further in their career and obtain a qualification to serve as Engine Driver on a commercial vessel of less than 750kW, operating within ports, internal and territorial waters of Malta.
- Operation and maintenance of marine internal combustion engines.
- Care and operation of lubricating oil and cooling systems.
- Pumps and arrangements of bilge and seawater piping systems. Dangers associated with back flooding.
- Steering gears, hydraulic systems and associated pipeline. Emergency steering arrangement.
- Arrangement of fuel oil piping systems and filters. Fuel tank ventilation, filling and draining. Tank gauging; effect of slack tanks on stability.
- Oil and grease lubrication
- Care of electrical systems and batteries. Series and parallel operation. Safety procedures when working on low and medium voltage A.C. and D.C. systems; protection devices.
- Dangers of LP gas and liquid fuels; refrigeration safety.
- Precautions against fire and explosion. Methods of dealing with fires; extinguishers, fire pumps, fire mains and hoses, nozzles and sprays, fixed installations, closing appliances, remote shut-offs.
- Items for inspection on slipway or dry-dock.
- Planned maintenance.
- Location and rectification of common faults in main machinery, steering systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Preparing for sea. Start up and shut down procedures.
- Calculation dealing with consumption of fuel. Speed and range of vessels.
- Precautions to be observed to prevent environmental pollution.
- Applicant must have at least 6 months appropriate service on vessels of not less than 150kW.
- Be in possession of a General Purpose Hand Certificate.
Ancillary courses required
- A current approved First Aid Certificate
- An approved Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Certificate
Participant’s Minimum Age – 18
Class Limitations – Minimum 5 participants / Max 12 participants per class
For more information contact us now through the chat feature at the bottom right of your screen. Alternatively, send us an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 99434054 or 99434055.
MaritimeMT will issue a Certificate of Completion on the merit of full attendance.
Participants may be eligible for the Malta Enterprise 70% rebate Get Qualified Scheme – https://goo.gl/M65Q8N