This CVR training Programme is designed for candidates interested in progressing further in their career and obtain a qualification to serve as Engine Driver on a commercial vessel of less than 500kW, operating within ports, internal and territorial waters of Malta.
- Marine internal combustion engines and their fittings, shafting and propellers
- Preparing, startup and shutdown procedures for main propulsion and auxiliary machinery.
- Precautions necessary for the prevention of fire and explosions, including the use of petrol and LP gas.
- Action to be taken in the event of fire or explosion, including the use of fire fighting appliances. Machinery space fire-fighting arrangements.
- Cooling water and fuel systems, bilge pumps arrangements, including precautions against back-flooding.
- Care of electrical systems including batteries. Safety precautions when working on low and medium voltage A.C and D.C. systems. Fuses and circuit breakers.
- Steering gear and deck machinery
- Fuel consumption; estimation and calculation.
- Location and rectification of common faults in main machinery, steering systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Precautions to prevent environmental pollution.
- Applicant must have at least 6 months appropriate service on vessels of not less than 75kW.
- Be in possession of a General Purpose Hand Certificate.
Ancillary courses required
- A current approved First Aid Certificate
- An approved Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Certificate
Participant’s Minimum Age – 18
Class Limitations – Minimum 5 participants / Max 12 participants per class
For more information contact us now through the chat feature at the bottom right of your screen. Alternatively, send us an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 99434054 or 99434055.
MaritimeMT will issue a Certificate of Completion on the merit of full attendance.
Participants may be eligible for the Malta Enterprise 70% rebate Get Qualified Scheme – https://goo.gl/M65Q8N