Duration 4 hours
Assessment 100% Attendance
- On completion of this course, the trainee shall be familiar with standard communication phrases and the way messages are communicated via VHF sets.
- Be knowledgeable about how to set and tune his/her radio.
- Be well familiar with what is expected of him/her during berthing of vessels.
- Know what to do in case of an emergency.
Expected Learning Outcomes
On completion of this course, the candidates will have gained the necessary knowledge on the following topics:
- Allocated channels within Maltese waters
- The GMDSS station
- Ship Terminology
- The Marine VHF – instructions on use of the portable VHF
- Basic Radio Language & making VHF calls to other stations
- Basic Radio etiquette
- Classes of Vessels calling to Malta Ports & Harbours
- Multi buoy mooring & mooring alongside
- Multi buoy mooring manoeuvres
- Procedure in Valletta & Marsaxlokk
MaritimeMT will issue a Certificate of Attendance only on the merit of full attendance.