The Malta Maritime Forum is pleased to announce the holding of the third session of the “MARINE INDUCTION COURSE”
In conjunction with MaritimeMT and with the full endorsement of the Transport Malta Ports & Yachting Directorate, the course is aimed to attract persons already working within the maritime industry as well as prospective employees.
The Course is designed for shore-based personnel working in the Port Authority, in Ship Agency Services, or as Freight Forwarding Agents, Terminal Operators and other maritime-related service providers.
The objectives of this course are:
- To create awareness to newly employed personnel in the shipping industry for land based jobs.
- To impart a sense of situational awareness in the candidates so as to reduce accidents.
- To familiarize new candidates with ships and port regulations so as to avoid unnecessary mistakes and to increase efficiency.
- To familiarize new candidates with a ship’s working procedures and personnel so as to have a better working relationship.
Expected Learning Outcomes
On completion of this course, the candidates will have gained the necessary knowledge in the following topics:
- An introduction to the shipping industry, including vessel types, trades and terminology.
- Health and Safety on board and in terminals.
- Security and safe movement in ports and ships.
- Environmental protection.
- Maintaining an effective working relationship.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and have a sound knowledge of basic Mathematics and/or years of work experience in the maritime sector.
Examination & Assessment
- This course is based on 90% attendance, a final written assessment & a 10-minute individual presentation on an agreed topic.
Premises for the Course
MaritimeMT Training Centre
Qasam Industrijali, Ħal Far,
Malta BBG 3000
Duration of the Course
30-Hours in the class room plus 20-Hours of self-study and Project Preparation
Course Outline – Marine Induction Course
|Course Outline||Approximate time (Hrs)|
|Knowledge, understanding and proficiency||Class Based||Self Study|
*It is envisaged that Participant dedicate 20hrs to self study and Project Preparation. The topics for the Project Presentation will be agreed with each individual pariticipant during the first and/or second session and the presentations will happen during the last session – 10min/participant.
Price: Euro 475.00 per candidate and payable to the Malta Maritime Forum
Application & Enrolment
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their application to the Malta Maritime Forum via email on firstname.lastname@example.org