The Recreational Skipper (Mediterranean Sea) course aims to give trainees the essential education and training to skipper a pleasure yacht less than 24 meters in length overall and up to 35 Nm from safe haven within the Mediterranean Sea, without any restriction on engine/s horsepower.
**NEXT COURSE STARTING ON 24 SEPTEMBER 2019**
On successful completion of the training and assessment trainees should be able to:
- Take command of a pleasure craft
- Conduct a safe passage plan and maintain a proper navigational watch
- Interpret meteorological reports and transmissions
- Comply with the requirements of the International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea
- Respond to emergencies onboard
- Have a thorough knowledge of the relevant Maltese Regulations
- Have a basic knowledge of the mechanical and electrical systems onboard
- Take the necessary precautions to prevent marine pollution
Course Enrolment Requirements
As a minimum the participants must:
- Be not less than 18 years of age
- Be in possession of a Maltese Nautical Licence or an internationally recognized equivalent, for a minimum of 12 months
Class Limitations – Max 14 participants per class
Accreditation & Licence:
For more information contact us now through the chat feature at the bottom right of your screen. Alternatively, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 99434054 or 99434055.
MaritimeMT will issue a Certificate of Completion on the merit of full attendance and pass final assessments.