The first module of the Ship to Ship Transfer Training is classroom tuition carried out at the Mediterranean Maritime Research & Training Centre and is aimed for persons engaged in handling tankers of different sizes carrying out STS operations.
This Ship to Ship Transfer Training deals with Ship to Ship transfers of petroleum cargoes at sea. Our main objective is to create a safe culture within the respective stake holders when performing such dangerous operations that can result in disastrous consequences to human lives and to the marine environment.
Our aim is to broaden both knowledge and skills of Masters, Mooring Masters and STS Superintendents with the general principles as recommended by the OCIMF and other regulatory bodies.
No prerequisites required.
The Class Size is limited to 4 persons.
The course will be delivered by experienced lecturers at MaritimeMT.
MaritimeMT will issue a Certificate of Attendance on the merit of 100% attendance.
Day 1: Theoretical (6 hours)
- Guidelines from OCIMF;
- MARPOL requirements;
- Typical STS plan;
- Safety awareness;
- Relationship between STS Superintendent and Master;
- Mooring equipment and typical rigging methods of sts equipment;
- Manoeuvring during mooring and unmooring;
- Contingencies (aborting the approach, pollution);
- Procedures when alongside;
Day 2 – 3: Simulator Training (12 hours)
- Simulated ship handling in various conditions.