The Single Point Mooring Training course consists of both theoretical and simulator practice where a candidate is trained on the safe approach of Single Point Mooring buoys.
The first day is dedicated solely to theory where all operational procedures as recommended by the OCIMF are explained in detail with utmost importance to the safety factor and buoy telemetry.
No prerequisites required.
The Class Size is limited to 4 persons.
The Single Point Mooring Training course is delivered by experienced lecturers at MaritimeMT.
MaritimeMT will issue a Certificate of Attendance on the merit of 100% attendance.
- Introduction and History of SBM
- Types of Buoy and their characteristics
- Types of mooring rope/chain arrangements
- Types of cargo transfer hoses available
- Areas of the operation requiring critical attention
- Approaching the installation
- The use of bow thrusters
Day 2 – 3
- Mooring operation
- Casting off
- Tug assistance
- Contingency planning